Saturday, January 29, 2011

What's happening...

So as it turns out, I'm as bad as I thought I was going to be at this blogging thing.  But also I haven't been doing a whole lot of anything either.  Well, that's probably not true, it just seems like it to me.  I guess we will start with the holidays.  I spent them at my friend Katherine's house.  Her parents live in Kent, it's basically a county outside London.  I spent about 5 days there.  There are some pictures from their house.  It was nice to get out of the city for a few days.  Since, I haven't really traveled anywhere.

New Year's eve, I went out to dinner with a few friends, and finished the night at a bar.  It was the first time in a few years that I actually did something for New Years.  The last time I went out was I believe four years ago when we accidentally ended up in Times Square.  Not my ideal place, but at least I can say that I was there.  I saw the ball drop.  I also don't get the whole hype about the new year.  It's not like 'bam' I'm a new person just cause I flipped the calendar over.  Oh well.  I'll get over it someday.

The other week a couple of friends and I went out to the Chinese restaurant for dinner.  It was pretty good.  It's like a fast food family style seating place.  Anyway, we had a good time, and after we decided to have a cocktail for desert.  They were amazing.  I really wanted to drink it all in like 2 minutes, but I decided that it was better to savor it.  It's a seasonal drink though, so I don't know if I will make it back to have it again.  It was a raspberry cocktail with vanilla vodka...secret...coconut.

The next night I went to The King's Speech.  Excellent movie.  I have to admit, I've wanted to see this movie for a long time now.  Probably since August/September.  I was so sad when it opened up here like four weeks later than in the States.  But I saw it, and it lived up to my expectations of it.  Everyone was amazing, but I do have to say that I think Geoffrey Rush should have been nominated in the lead actor category instead of supporting actor, but whatever.  I also really want to see The Fighter.

Let's see what else have I been up to...oh yes.  I went ice skating the other week.  That was an experience.  I haven't done that in about 9-10 years I think.  It was fun, but the next day, I could hardly move.  I guess that's what I get for being way out of shape.  But I had a good time.  We skated for about an hour, and I was very proud that I didn't fall.  The rink was also had a nice layer of water on it, so I didn't want to get that wet either.

Term started about three weeks ago, but I just had my first class this past Monday.  The professor has been ill, so now we have to catch up.  My class is on Rome and basically it's whole history.  We have a different time period each week, so it's going to be intense.  I'm also working on a research project about Whistler and his correspondences.  I'm not too sure what exactly I'm supposed to write about, but I think it's about the research process.  I also think I want to take a trip to Glasgow, mainly because I want to go, but also this project I'm research, it was based at the University of Glasgow.

So that's about it up until now.  Here are some pictures from various events.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment